Back up online

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

madbadger

After a scary system crash, I need a better back up system than my existing one, of writing a few personal files to a floppy disk!

I don't have a CD writer on my elderly P200 system, and the hard drive is nearly full.

Does anyone know of an online utility enabling you to copy files to a secure remote site?

PS it's only thanks to your advice on these forums that I'm back online at all! I'm typing this with the keyboaurd balanced on the ripped open guts of my system, with the HD hanging out of the case!

Thanks

Buy a larger hard drive and a CDR! My system is a P233 and I have a CDR and 30GB drives. Just because it's older doesn't mean it won't work. Do a little research and you will find you are probably good to go. If it doesn't pan out, look for a tape drive. Seagate makes some pretty good IDE drive and they are fairly inexpensive.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online