1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Back Up Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by xico, Sep 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. xico

xico Thread Starter

I'm running an IBM Aptiva, win 95. I just installed the backiup device, but when I went to back up, it says I need a "tape". Isn't there some other way I can do I backup, like to floppy?

I'm having all sorts of little problems with this puter. I was doing a DCC, but it is now disconnecting; plus I have yet to get it to work on my home network. In the meantime I'm trying to get rid of some useless baggage, but the Add/Remove Program won't let me Uninstall. I know, I know, re-formatting is on the horizon; but I have one screensaver that I'd like to save and transfer, and so I'm having to go thru all sorts of other avenues (which is a great learning experience) to get to where I want to go.

Any help on the backup would be appreciated. (Cos I'm going into the Registry to uninstall some programs). Thanks.

Xico

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

I don't think so....not with the 95 backup utility as I recall it......maybe I can send you my old tape backup drive to use with that ole geezer :D

3. xico

xico Thread Starter

That sounds great, Candy--how much do you want for it?

Xico :D

4. ~Candy~

Shipping charges ;)

5. xico

xico Thread Starter

How do you want me to pay you? Check? Credit card?

6. xico

xico Thread Starter

and THANK YOU, Candy! :D :D :D

7. ~Candy~

Let's decide which one you want first :D

I have 3 to choose from. Do you have a SCSI connector on that beast? I also have an external Colorado (parallel port) and an internal Conner IDE (although I bought this used and have never tested it).......

What we can do is just ship c.o.d. for postage only.

8. xico

xico Thread Starter

I don't know if I have an SCSI connection, but the beast does have IDE, so I think I should go with the Internal Conner IDE. Where can I post my address? :D

9. ~Candy~

Email it or PM it to me.

It 'appears' that the Conner unit accepts the same tapes as the Colorado....I have 4 tapes, do you want more than 1? I probably should save at least 1 for the Colorado unit in hopes I can unload that boat anchor too :D :D

10. xico

xico Thread Starter

2 tapes would be great--if you think I need that much. I've never used the tapes before, so I don't know. But 2 should be plenty. Thanks, Candy! This is greatly appreciated. I'm PMing you my address now.

Thanks again,

Xico :D

The Beast says to thank you too! :D :D

11. xico

xico Thread Starter

Hi!

If there;s a brief lull, I'm off to walk the dogs.

Xico

12. ~Candy~

The tapes are 250 megs each ;) Should be enough for the beast to chew up and spit out ;)

Received your PM.....

13. xico

xico Thread Starter

Yes, I think so. Thanks again. :D :D

14. ~Candy~

I'm testing it now.....it 'seems' to be acting like it should. One thing though, when I first connected it, it wasn't going to be recognized, I didn't have the backup installed via add/remove programs, windows setup......that looks like it's a must :D Upon restart it found it, it's a Conner CTMA 4000.......

15. xico

xico Thread Starter

Okay, Candy! No rush. I'm grinning from ear to ear. Thank you. :D :D

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/164704

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice