1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

back up

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by USmarine2429, Oct 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USmarine2429

USmarine2429 Thread Starter

I recently lost all my files and programs when my hard drive crashed. my Question is how can i insure that all my programs and files are not lost again? will a system back up save files and programs?

2. fairnooks

fairnooks Banned

Yes, a backup image of your entire drive can be made with a product like Acronis True Image. Its just like taking a snapshot of your system at the time it is used, saving all files, installed programs and of course the operating system.

3. MustBNuts

MustBNuts

Oh, and make sure you save the image to another drive/site/CD.... it won't do you much good if it's on your HD and it dies!

And of course, an image can easily get out of date...so back up your data on a regular basis. Once you have the image of your HD, make sure you store your data in one place, so it's easier to locate and backup. Whenever you go through any software changes (add/remove/etc) make a new image.

Personally, I like Symantec Ghost.

MBN

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/759723

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice