1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

back with more volume icon problems

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sabledog, Jan 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sabledog

sabledog Guest Thread Starter

i lost my volume control icon in the system tray... ive tried every thing to get it back and keep it back... i updated my sound card drivers... and the icon was back... the next day it was gone.. i can go thru the control panal and the check mark for putting it in the tray is there.. i have to remove the check mark.. apply and the put it back and apply again.. and its there.... some times the icon is in the system tray when i turn the pc on and sometimes its not.... any more ideas...
    ive also clear my icon cache file... didnt do anything to help
    ready for more ideas... thanks in advance
    sd

2. BTS '76

BTS '76

Did you try creating a shortcut on your desktop for volume, and than dragging it down to the task bar?

3. sabledog

i did that... put it in the quick lauch.. but its still not the same... anyway... i did a repair install of xp.... the icon has come up twice in a row... will keep you informed...thanks machine is running faster now also...
    sd:D

4. jdemnyan1116

jdemnyan1116

did you try going to start, right click once, properties, taskbar, notification area, hide icons, hit customize button, check to see if it tells you to show it at all times, hide when not in use, or always hide? I have windows XP also and sometimes my task bar acts up and my icons disappear.

5. sabledog

hi jd... been there done that... this has really been a pain in the..... anyway.. from my last post i did a repair install of xp... icon now has come up three times in row... i think im fixed.... thanks for your reply...
    sd

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112528

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice