1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

backdoor.sdbot in system32.exe

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PROJECT, Oct 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROJECT

PROJECT Thread Starter

I have a trojan virus in file system32.exe in c:\windows\system32\system32.exe. What is system32.exe used for by windows? I renamed it to see if windows could run without it and it did, it just gave me a message saying it couldnt find file c:\windows\system32\system32.exe at startup but it still booted and I am using it right now. I have tried to quarantine with norton and all other stuff with no luck. My big question is what is system32.exe used for?

2. PROJECT

PROJECT Thread Starter

Its ok its fixed

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/171755

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice