1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

backgoround scan capability in trend micro internet security 2007

Discussion in 'General Security' started by cody_banks, Sep 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cody_banks

cody_banks Thread Starter

hi all,
    as part of my college project i m doing analysis of several security softwares based on certain parameters(right now i am analyzing trend micro internet security 2007). Background scan is one such parameter, which means that when a scan is initiated(preferably from command line), in this mode, the user (who is a novice) is not confronted with the messages from security software (asking what to do) i.e. when the security software detects a virus while scanning it takes the required action without asking the user. i have been searching for a similar feature in Trend Micro Internet Security 2007, but as of now i haven't had much luck. Can you guys please help me with this?
    Any information in this regard would be highly appreciated.

thanks in anticipation .....

2. pauncejones

pauncejones

Hi There, I'm not sure about Trend's background scanning capabilities, but if you're looking out for areas where products respond automatically instead of alerting & asking the user what to do, I'd check the firewall (install some common and uncommon programs and see if they trigger firewall alerts), as well as sheilds technology (i think this is venus spy trap in trend).

Norton Internet Security 2007 and 2008 (just released) do a very good job of handling threats automatically, w/o requiring user intervention.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/619451

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice