1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Background change feature is blocked and dont know how to change it back please help!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by map4442646, Apr 15, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. map4442646

map4442646 Thread Starter

when my computer starts up, my background changes into a blue color and im unable to chage it back, because when i rigth click and go to properties, the background chaging section is blocked and you can only pick some colors..... can somebody help me please?????? :confused:

System info: windows xp proffessional, 600 mhz pentium 3 processor,
    384 of ram, Nvidia 3D fuzion GeForce MX 4000 PCI 128 mb DDR graphic card.....

2. buf

buf

My answer may be too early in the answering stage but you can always use your System Restore to restore your PC back to a day before the present trouble started. Just be aware of how System Restore works--first.
    Good luck.

3. map4442646

:( i just try that, and it didnt work.... do you know any other way to fix this?

4. buf

buf

The restore didn't work OR the date restore carried you back to didn't help? Is this something that has justbegun happening?
    When you right click on properties, do you then click on desktop or appearance? If you have notlooked in the appearance, then do so and try to change your color there. Tell us what happens please.
    By using the blue color, are you unable to read the print on the web screen or does it just make reading more difficult?

5. buf

buf

I just checked, forget my question about the appearance tab. NA.

6. map4442646

lol.... well i actually restored my computer to the 1st day that the pc crated a retore point.... since i 4got the day that this problem started coming out..... but the background still is blue and the properties part is locked or not available... i dont know what to do, i also tryed scaning the pc for viruses and spywares but is clean.... i dont know wat else to do... n.e. ideas?

7. map4442646

8. buf

buf

I have been scratching my head on your problem but have not come up with an answer. How long has this been happening? Did it occur the first time you booted into your new OS(XP Pro)? I do not understand what you mean when you say the background section is blocked. When you click on color under the desktop tab does a menu of colors drop down for you to choose a color?
    Perhaps someone else will check into this for you.

9. map4442646

i open display properties(rigth click, properties) then click on the desktop section, there where it says background, browse, and position, are blocked... like you cant click on them because there not available... i dont know whats wrong with it, this problem started coming out like a week ago, i really dont know what happened, can somebody help?????

10. buf

buf

11. cybertech

cybertech Retired Moderator

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!