Background Image Does Not Show

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

clatch

I'm having problems with my dad's laptop. It seems that his background images aren't showing.
First I thought it was only on IE and Firefox
Then I realize it's even on Windows Media Player and Windows Live Messenger.
But Google Chrome seems to work normal. I have got some screenshots.

Attachments

Not quite sure what you mean by background images. Typically those programs don't have background images. They are usually just white like you have there.

Are there normally photos in the background of google search?

if so its probably a setting that was changed, is there any other odd behavior from the computer?

clatch

If you look at the windows media player, you'll see white unfilled patches.
You gotta look at the screenshots I attached. You'll see the comparison.
I'm guessing a setting was changed to but I have no idea what. I reinstall firefox. Checked the settings. Reinstall flash player etc etc.
Any suggestions?

Couriant

James
Check Windows display/theme settings. Right click on the desktop > Properties. Themes is the main area.

But that is unusual. It would affect all programs, not just a few.

clatch

Yeah I tried reapplying the theme, still doesn't work.
Even programs like microsoft words, excel are affected.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online