1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

background processes using 3.5 gigs on newish pc

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by seanathon424, Jul 17, 2017 at 1:11 AM.

Advertisement
  1. seanathon424

seanathon424 Thread Starter

i built a new pc about a month ago, and have been trying to baby it, (it got a fairly rough start) but when troubleshooting a game i noticed there were 44 background processes running and using about 3.5 gigs of my 16gb ram. this apparently causes issues with some games trying to allocate the same ram(?) either that or everything is messed up.
    upload_2017-7-17_1-10-46.png upload_2017-7-17_1-11-4.png upload_2017-7-17_1-10-46.png upload_2017-7-17_1-11-4.png

2. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Submit an image of the Task Manager "Startup" tab so we can see which entries are enabled.

You computer has 16 GB of RAM, so I wouldn't loose any sleep about it using 3.5 GB of it.
    The purpose of having RAM in a computer is for it to be used instead of relying on slower virtual memory.

---------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1193205