Background Processes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

AlaskaGuy

Hey in windows 95 and i think 98 you could close all the applications in the background except exploer.exe and systemtray or something. i dont really remeber and i was under the impression that this would help speed up the computer alittle. so my question is if there are certain processes that you cant shut down in xp while closing the rest of them? Thanx

AlaskaGuy said:
Hey in windows 95 and i think 98 you could close all the applications in the background except exploer.exe and systemtray or something. i dont really remeber and i was under the impression that this would help speed up the computer alittle. so my question is if there are certain processes that you cant shut down in xp while closing the rest of them? Thanx

Welcome to the forum

If you know what you are doing, then you can do a control alt delete and then select processes to end. It is risky if you don't have any idea what should be running and what should not...doc

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Members online