background programs....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tesa64735

I click Start>Run...type msconfig....under the services Tab there are a BUNCH of programs running.
I assume this is what's slowing my pc down so much. Does anyone know where I can find a list that tells me what is necessary and what I can eliminate?

Thanks in advance...

tesa64735

ok.I'll go thru startup again...but I "think" there are things under the servces tab that I cannot see in the startup.
I'll re-post after going thru startup.....
thankyou

http://www.blackviper.com/

Besides just a list of XP services, he has a lot of useful - and important - info about how to disable/enable them, what potentially could happen if you do, etc. I recommend reading almost everything this guy has on his site about XP services before disabling any on your computer.

Mollie

tesa64735

The blackviper site is awesome!
I disabled a bunch of unnecessary crap and things have sped up considerably Thankyou!!

Black Viper is a useful site. I had been looking for something that would explain services in Win2k

Cheers Mollie!!;):D

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online