1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Background Sounds

Discussion in 'Software Development' started by ccrw471, Oct 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ccrw471

ccrw471 Thread Starter

I want to be able to play background music on my web-site, but I want the music to continue to play even when the page is changed.

Then I want to be able to turn the background music off at a lter point.

Any suggestions.

Right now I am just using a quicktime movie and embed command in the html page. The problem is one the page is changed the music goes off.

Thanks!

2. khaki

khaki

hi Chris......

use frames and have a static page contain the sound-file code

:) khaki

3. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Bingo khaki!! (y) Thats precisely what I was about to suggest. Frames!! But a value in tag will have to be specified so that music plays continuously and doesn't stop after playing once. Don't remember which one. Haven't done that since quite some time.

Another alternative is the have the same background music in every page. But that will not make the transition smooth and music will restart every time you load another page.

Have a look at http://www.24hourhtmlcafe.com/ Here in one of the hour lessons, the author has given some tips about background music in HTML pages. Just find it out.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173377

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice