1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

backgrounds won't Change

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BarnabusSizemore, Nov 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BarnabusSizemore

BarnabusSizemore Thread Starter

simple as that, if i change my theme, say to something like this star trek one I have, all the cursors, the icons and sound change to that theme, however, my the actual desktop background stays the same. If I go to a picture in my files and click on the "set as desktop background" I click and and it stays the same. What's wrong?????

2. geehawk

geehawk

Try this first: Change your desktop background to the picture of your choice (even if there is no way of confirming that it is actually changing it). Press ctrl-alt-delete. Go to processes tab. Find explorer.exe and click "end process". Your taskbar, explorer windows, and desktop files should all disappear (no worries, it's only temporary). Now minimize (or close) any other open programs and see if the desktop background is the picture you chose just now. If you see any change to the desktop wallpaper whatsoever than it's possible that you have a locked webpage set as your background, and we'll move on from there. Once you've tried this just post the results.

Oh and to get explorer running again, simply press ctrl+alt+delete, open Applications tab, click "new task", type in "explorer", and press okay.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/649225

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice