1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backgrounds

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by janalynn, Apr 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. janalynn

janalynn Thread Starter

When i receive e-mails or when i surf the web pages often, in fact 99% of the time the colors of the background do not load in.

If i happen to go away and come back while in IncrediMail sometimes the background will show up if it has been a few minutes.

This is pretty consistant--and annoying because I do not get to see what the sender wants me to see

I use Incredimail XE the free basic thing so maybe that explains the email, but the websites should be ok??

I have Internet Explorer on a Microsft ME setyp with ananaloge-dialup modem.

thanks
    Jana

2. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

From what I have heard, Incredimail uses the IE/OE engine in the background. So what you have to modify here is IE/OE settings.

In Interenet Explorer, you can do Tools > Internet Options.

Go to General Tab and click on the Colours button. Ensure that there is a tick mark next to "Use Windows Colours" and click on OK.

Now click on the Accessibility button. Go through the four options there and ensure that there is no tick next to any of the options.

Restart Internet Explorer. I guess this should solve your problem.

If the settings are already as I have suggested, reverse them, close IE. Again start IE and revert them back to what you want and restart IE.

3. janalynn

janalynn Thread Starter

there is no change to the backgrounds!

Anyone have another idea???

4. AbvAvgUser

AbvAvgUser

Well, we do not change the settings in IE/OE but some other programs do on installation/uninstallation.

So just try to do what I have suggested and it might just be okay.

Rest is all your wish. :)

5. janalynn

janalynn Thread Starter

When I first turn my computer to receive e-mails and check on new posts, some images/colors do not load particularly the back grounds of e-mail stationery and website design backgrounds.

If I leave my computer on and let the screen saver cycle through for a while, then return to the Incredimail XE (free version) or Internet explorer, all the backgrounds are now in place , plus even some of the formatting on the web pages loads a whole different design.

Why does my computer take so long and complicated a time to load the actual image which is meant to be viewed??

Will switching to ADSL from analog make a difference?

It is truly wierd sending e-mails and not knowing what the colors and images look like!

:rolleyes: jana

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/130625

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice