Backing up CDs

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

PCG342

Banned
Okay, I have a bunch of games, software and the like, some of which is showing signs of abuse. [Who, me? Never...]
My question to you... whoever might know... is if [using Unreal 2 as my example, because it's the one I'm lookin' at right now] I copy the install and play disk onto a DVD-R with separate folders, one named "UNREAL2_PLAY_CD" the other "UNREAL2_INSTALL_CD," will it allow me to use that "backup" disk, leaving my originals to be stored away in the safe confines of waythehellinthebackofmydesk-land?
This'll save me a lotta time, and a few coasters.

Most games are copy protected, therefore the backup of same is against most countries law as it requires defeating the copy protection on the disk in ordet to do so.

That also puts it against the forum rules...

PCG342

Banned
actually, the owner is allowed to make a backup copy, usually.

PCG342

Banned
Thing is, they're already on my hard drive. I wanna know if putting both CDs on one DVD will work.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
PCG342 said:
actually, the owner is allowed to make a backup copy, usually.
Actually, if it's copy protected, they're not legal to copy in the US. Since you're in the US, that would apply to you.

PCG342

Banned
Well, thus far, copy+paste has given me no problems, with all due respect. I just wanna know if taking a two-disc game/application and putting it on a single DVD will work before I try it and make a frisbee.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online