1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing Up Data

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by deeger, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deeger

deeger Thread Starter

Hi guys,

OK, Right now, I have my laptop exactly the way I want it. I would like to save and back up so I don't loose everything in the event of a disaster. So which is the easiest way to back the machine up? I never really have understood the proper way of backing up data. So a little help would be great!

I have 30 gig on my drive so how do I get that on one disc.

Thank you for any help in advance.

2. valis

valis Moderator

lots of ways. Buy a an external hd and enclosure for about $80 bucks, and back the whole shebang up.

3. deeger

deeger Thread Starter

wow, thats alot of help man, thanks.

4. valis

valis Moderator

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I thought that was SyncToy you got? ;)

6. valis

valis Moderator

damn.....tired.....version 2.0 was up ALL FREAKIN' NIGHT, plus a minor car wreck today, plus the pain meds for the arm, brain ain't functioning right.

Deeger: It was synctoy from xp powertoys. JohnWill has the link in his post, it's incredibly easy to use, small download, and pretty much idiot proof, as I got it to work first crack.

7. MysticEyes

MysticEyes Banned

Get Acronis and image the whole drive.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/?source=google&ad=acronis&s_scid=acronis|544035737&gclid=CJ_evMS78IkCFR1EWAod2imFKA

8. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

Yep, for an exact copy, MysticEyes has the right idea. :) You can get Acronis True Image from www.newegg.com for $30 on a downloaded purchase, do a search for Acronis.

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536975

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice