Backing Up Email in Outlook 2003

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

xSoilworkeRx

Really quick and probably easy question. I want to back up all my emails to a CD before I do a format reinstall. Is there any way to do this in Outlook 2003?

EAFiedler

Retired Moderator
Hi xSoilworkeRx

If you have any Rules you would like to save, Export them and save the resulting .rwz file.
Tools > Rules and Alerts > E-mail Rules tab > Options > Export

Do a search for .pst files.
These contain your messages as well as your Contacts.

xSoilworkeRx

I did a search for .pst files and the search came up empty.

But I found a guide on it and the issue is solved. Thank you.

You shouldn't need to search for the PST file. There are several ways to find out exactly where it is located.

One is to open up the Mail icon in the Control Panel. Click on Data Files.

or

Open Outlook
Right click on Personal Folder
Click on Advanced

Either method will show you the exact location.

When you set it up on your new computer, you can also take advantage of the opportunity and copy it to a location that's easy to remember. For example in My Documents create a folder called something like E-Mail.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online