1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing up exchange locally

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by yourippehdees, Sep 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. yourippehdees

yourippehdees Thread Starter

Hi,

I'm a contractor working with a company who created an exchange account for me at the beginning of contract with them on their exchange server. I set up this new exchange account on my version of Outlook (which promptly superceded my other IMAP accounts, thus deleting all calendar items and contacts - another story!).

Now that the project is over, my exchange account will be deactivated, but I want to make sure I keep and have access to a local copy of all of my emails and calendar items generated over the course of the project. What is the best way to do this? New .pst? I have a backup copy of my old contacts, which I will resync at some point to restore my old calendar, notes, emails, contacts, if that matters.

Running:
    Win 7 Pro
    Office Enterprise 2007
    Not sure what version of Exchange my current contract agency is running

Thanks for any help.

2. Rockn

Rockn

I would just create a PST and save it

3. yourippehdees

yourippehdees Thread Starter

Hi - thanks for the reply - does that mean drag and drop all messages in the Exchange inbox to the new .pst? And what about calendar items?

4. Rockn

Rockn

You can import them into the newly created PST file.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1019443