Backing up Files and folders from Windows Vista and restore it in Windows XP

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Hilariofernando

Hi, I was asked to downgrade a Vista machine to Windows XP. I also was asked to backup files and folders from Vista and restore it on XP. I am using Backup and Restore Center from Vista to backup the files and folder. Is it going to work when i try to restore to a XP machine?:confused:

Thank You

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I don't think so. Most of the earlier versions of MS Backup worked only with the OS it came with.
Before even thinking any more, you need to take a REAL good look at the threads at the top of this list. You might also look at some of the other threads about installing XP on a Vista built machine. It is NOT fun.

You need to copy off whatever you need be it drag and drop to external hard drive, burn to cd etc...I hope you are certain there are drivers for the pc you are downgrading or you will have many things that will not work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online