1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing up files???

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by gottlove77, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gottlove77

gottlove77 Thread Starter

Ok, I posted earlier with an error message I keep getting. Well after a LONG evening of tech support I have a link to that is supposed to fix it. Before I do this though I need to back up my files, it has never been done. We have 5000+ songs on iTunes, pictures, files, all kinds of junk I can't dare lose. SO, I thought it would be easy to follow the "Back up Wizard" but for some reason it won't recognize my DVD burner. It says to go to the removable storage service under system services of management console. How do I get there??? Anyone????

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

STOP! Do not use the windows backup wizaerd!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go to http://www.acronis.com

Get this and an external hard drive which is best and make an image of all of the important data you have. This is one that will work and restore all of the data.

Remember you get what you pay for.

3. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

iTunes music is a special case, since that's all DRM protected. I don't know the details, but there are procedures you need to follow to backup and restore any licenses you have for that music.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!