backing up important info ?????

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

casper03

Can anyone suggest a good program for keeping a backup image of the contents of a folder on my d drive.

as i keep all the important files backed up there, but im now allowing my kids to use the pc and im worried they may inadvertantly delete some of these files.

i was looking to see if i could find a trial version of drive image but powerquest do not use that program any more......

If you have a CD burner, simply use a CDRW to backup important stuff and update it regularly. Otherwise try using Partition Magic's hide partition option (Assuming your D partition came from using PM). Anotherway is to use hide folders either within windows (right click and select hidden in properties) or using a piece of software to do it for you. Try hide folders on www.fspro.net or folderguard (get it from tucows or download.com).

casper03

thanks very much for the help on this one !

i had tried a few and didnt fancy the options they offered cheers!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online