1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing up mp3's

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by fevola25, Sep 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fevola25

fevola25 Thread Starter

Hi, Im wanting to re-format my computer, but im not to familiar with backing up my mp3's, What is the best way to do this so as I can put them back onto my computer once im finnished, I tried once before, a while ago, but when I tried putting it back on my computer, alot would not transfer back, but some did, I have a cd and dvd burner, and use nero. is this program anygood for this ?? and if it is, what format do I burn it as?? thank-you, Ryan.

2. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Nero is one of the best applications to use that will allow you to make of DVD's of MP3's. What version of Nero are you using?

Rollin

3. fevola25

fevola25 Thread Starter

version 6

4. Moby

Moby

Depends how many MP3's you have as to whether you want to put them on a CD or DVD. The process is the same though in Nero. You need to choose to create a data CD or DVD. If you have more than one drive, just make sure the right one is selected, if not then it already is.
    When you get to the your files/compilation window, you just drag your mp3's into the compilation window either individually, by group or by folder.
    Click burn when this is done.
    If you have any other questions can you just state whether you use Nero Express or the full Nero Burning Rom. A full edition of Nero has both but sometimes only the Express version is bundled with drives.

5. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

MP3's are just data files, you back them up just like your documents, etc.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!