Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Backing up music as a "data" disk instead of a "audio" disk? Possible?

807 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Old Rich 
#1 ·
I have almost 2 Gb of music on my computer that I'd hate to lose. And hate to have to rebuy or redownload too.

So what I'm wondering is... can I back up all that music on 3-4 700mb disks as a data disk instead of making a 70 minute music disk?

I have Sonic RecordNow that I use for music burning and data backup. I'm just wondering if it is possible to back up 1/3 of it in a folder as a data disk, and do the same for the other parts.

Possible? Would this work?

It would make much more sense to have 4 disks that although you could not PLAY them in a CD player as the songs would be stored in a folder on it, to just be able to copy them out onto another computer instead of making 20+ audio CD's.

Would my idea work? Help me out guys...

#2 ·
definitely. I've got 30+ gigs of music that I so hate to lose that I've backed it all up to dvd media, and keep it offsite, along with other important stuff.

It's all data anyhow.

v

#3 ·
just to continue, that dvd data that I've backed up, I've also created a singles compilation that is 8 gigs (I got the dl dvd burner) and listen to that at work, neatly bypassing the 'no streaming audio' rule some bean counter put in place.

v

#4 ·
You can use the native XP CD burning feature to copy as data . . HIghlight as many files as will fit on one cd . . Right click on the file(s) . . select send to . . then select your cd/rw drive . . you will get a popup that tells you that you have files to be written to cd . . click in that box and flollow the yellow brick road to burn the files

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.