Backing up my system

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

JerseyJDiva

Hi,
I occassionally do my windows updates. And everytime it wants me to update for a Windows Service Pack 2. I want to do this, but everytime they 'recommend' I backup my system. My questions are: what exactly should I backup and most importantly HOW do I backup? I am using a Dell Inspiron 1150. It came with a bunch of cds, I think a windows backup cd and some other drivers, etc. I have manually saved all my important documents, pictures, etc onto a jump drive for safe keeping. Are there other things I need to back up and again how do I go about doing this in order to install windows service pack 2
Thanks, much help is needed!
JerseyJ

Take advantage of the free trial offered by Acronis before buying True Image. Also read the Acronis forum to see if you encounter any of the numerous problems discussed there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts