1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing up my system

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by JerseyJDiva, Jul 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. JerseyJDiva

JerseyJDiva Thread Starter

Hi,
    I occassionally do my windows updates. And everytime it wants me to update for a Windows Service Pack 2. I want to do this, but everytime they 'recommend' I backup my system. My questions are: what exactly should I backup and most importantly HOW do I backup? I am using a Dell Inspiron 1150. It came with a bunch of cds, I think a windows backup cd and some other drivers, etc. I have manually saved all my important documents, pictures, etc onto a jump drive for safe keeping. Are there other things I need to back up and again how do I go about doing this in order to install windows service pack 2
    Thanks, much help is needed!
    JerseyJ

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

The best way to do this is to purchase an External USB hard disk and Acronis True Image. This will allow you to make a complete backup of your existing system that can be restored to exactly the point when it was backed up.

3. Solei

Solei

Hello, I completely agree with JohnWill.
    It's really best solution for making full backup.
    Especially Acronis True Image perfect suits for that.
    Tried by me. ;)

4. DCM1519

DCM1519

Take advantage of the free trial offered by Acronis before buying True Image. Also read the Acronis forum to see if you encounter any of the numerous problems discussed there.

5. clint7

clint7

Check out ERUNT at erunt.com which is free.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/482043

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice