1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing up problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by peteski1, Jan 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peteski1

peteski1 Thread Starter

Jul 29, 2007
    I've got a problem with backing up my hard drive. I'm running a Win 7 Pro, in a HP #p6720f, and normally use FireFox as my browser. I have a Seagate, 1 TB external hard drive. I use Acronis as my back up program.

I've tried three times to back up my system. Each time I use it, it takes over 12 hours to get to a problem screen that says, "E00070004 Failed to write data ti the archive file. A possible reason might be poor media quality."

The first time I got another box saying I have used up all the space on my external hd. I went and opened up and deleted all but my last back up. This gave me between 30 & 40% open. I don't know I can do next. Any help???:confused::confused:

2. pip22

Nov 21, 2004
    If it's the Acronis software that's causing the problem, Windows 7 has it's own built-in utility for creating a system image so you may want to try that instead: Control Panel > Backup & Restore > Create system image

If you decide to use that utility you will also need to create a system disc with the Backup & Restore utility.
    This is bootable and allows you to access the system image when it's required.

The only downside of using the built-in system image creator is that it insists on writing the image in the root of the selected drive (ie you can't choose a folder as the destination).
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1034144