Backing up Sims 1 game?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Tika4

Hi! I finally got both of my computers completely working. Go figure, the brand new one that wouldn't work had a bad memory card and no matter how many times I told the guy at Nanosystems that was it, of course it was the last thing they checked. Anyway, now I want to get my current Sims 1 game off of one computer and onto the other computer. What I need to know is if there is any way to back up the game in progress and transfer it, or do I just have to reinstall all my Sims disks and start the game all over again? Thanks much!
Melissa

.. not sure how big it would be, but I guess you could copy your user files and saves to a cd and transfer them..

You will need to install the game, as that's really the only way the computer will open/play it right..

You will probably need to copy the neighborhoods too..

Tika4

Thanks much!! Just got word that I'm on overtime the rest of the week and so will have to get to this over the weekend, but will update next week as to whether I was successful or not. Thanks again!!
Melissa

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online