1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing Up System

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Cinders, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Cinders

Cinders Thread Starter

Hello,

I have a:-

floppy 'Boot Disk' Windows 98SE
    floppy 'Start Up Disk'
    floppy 'Norton Rescue Disks' x 8
    cdrw 'Back Up Disk' (my documents) regularly updated.

I do not have the Back Up facility installed on my pc.

Do I need any other 'Back Ups'? If so can you please tell me what I need and how to create.

Thank you very much.

Cinders.
    :)

2. walkeriam

walkeriam

You can install the Microsoft Backup Utility by going to ADD AND REMOVE PROGRAMS in the Control Panel and clicking on the WINDOWS SETUP TAB. Then click on SYSTEM TOOLS and put a check mark in BACKUP and clicking OK. That will install it and it will be accessible through START>PROGRAMS>ACCESSORIES>SYSTEM TOOLS.

You may want to backup your ADDRESS BOOK from OUTLOOK or OUTLOOK EXPRESS. To do this go to MY COMPUTER>C:\>WINDOWS>APPLICATION DATA>MICROSOFT>ADDRESS BOOK and copy the .WAB file to a floppy disc. Then when you want to re-install it, open your OUTLOOK PROGRAM and go to FILE>IMPORT>ADDRESS BOOK and point it to your floppy drive, put the floppy with the .WAB file on it in the drive and click OK.

3. raybro

raybro

4. Cinders

Cinders Thread Starter

Thanks walkeriam and Ray.

Cinders

5. walkeriam

walkeriam

Hope it helped you!

Have a good day!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167789

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice