1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backing Up

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by skeeg, Feb 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. skeeg

skeeg Thread Starter

Ihave volumes of inf. on my computer - sent and received emails, excel file and lots more.
    What and how can I do to back ALL this inf. up. to keep somewhere else just incase.
    Do not want to print it all off, that defeats the object.
    Now remember - I know nothing about computers so PLEEEEEESE keep it simple.
    Do I put it on to discks, plug in pens or what and then of course HOW ?
    Regards
    Skeeg

2. bonk

bonk Banned

Howdy,

I would put the backups on CD would be OK

Make a folder and name if say Inf backup (put in date also) either right click on the file and sent to....that folder that should make a copy of it in the folder.

If you have all the files you want to backup on a page then click Ctrl + A that will select everything on that page...then press Ctrl + C that will copy them....then go to the folder you made and open it and press Ctrl + V that will copy them to that folder.

when you want to put them on CD then as I am not sure what burning software you have do this. right click on the folder you want to put on CD choose Send to.....choose your CD drive...send all the files like that you want to put on CD but do not exceed the size of the CD.
    put a CD recordable in the drive ..go to My Computer then double click on the CD drive and on the left click on Write these files to CD.

3. skeeg

skeeg Thread Starter

Dear Bonk,

Thank you for that, you make it sound very easy, so I'm off to get some CD's and have a go.

Regards

Skeeg:)

4. bonk

bonk Banned

Good luck......if you have any problems post back

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/544239

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice