Backlight not working

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

trek5460

Compaq Presario CQ57-339WM Notebook PC System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU B800 @ 1.50GHz,Intel64 Family 6 Model 42Stepping 7
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 1.85 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, 821 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 286172 MB, Free - 63286 MB; D: Total - 14807 MB, Free -1646 MB; E: Total - 4055 MB, Free - 1108 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3672
Antivirus: Computer Security, Updated and Enabled

I cannot get the backlight to light up the screen, I can barely see the display. I have even replaced the screen with new.
The computer runs ok and the VGA output works fine when I hook it up to a monitor.

Thank you

dai

check you have not missed a connection to the screen

replace the backlight if the connections are ok

resolution and backlight type must match

check the hp site for your model service manual

trek5460

The backlight is part of the screen. That is why I replaced it. The new screen is the exact part match.

dai

i don't know much about laptops but i seem to remember the led chip connects from the m/board

trek5460

Thanks for the idea, but LED screen's do not have inverters that I know of.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online