backslash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

StanC

Hi Guys
Why, in MS WORD, when I want a backslash character I get what looks like a capital letter Y with 2 horizontal lines across it? It only happens in one document.
StanC

valis

in word, under file > options > language, what is it set to?

TulsaRose

Rosie
You might consider trying this...open Word and look at the compatibility settings.

Go to Tools \ Options \ Compatibility Tab.

If "Convert backslash characters into Yen signs" is selected, deselect it. (Is deselect a word? :))

StanC

With all due respect Valis and TulsaRose:
With the offending WORD document up- I see no menu item called FILE or TOOLS.

BTW - I decided to change font on the entire document (from Garamond to Georgia) and the problem went away !!!
StanC

valis

with word open, click file > options > advanced > scroll all the way to the bottom > layout options. Make sure that that box I highlighted is unchecked.

thanks,

v

TulsaRose

Rosie
Stan, glad you found a work-around. The Tools option is usually displayed in the very top toolbar of Word.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online