1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup assist for windows server 2003 SP2 ERROR

Discussion in 'Windows Server' started by oknaru, Jan 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oknaru

oknaru Thread Starter

Hi ,

I am getting ERROR while doing backup using my Backup assist ver. 5.0.3 software in Windows server 2003 SP2.
    The ERROR message is

Volume Shadow copy ERROR : 0x80042319 --- writer not responding...

As per backup assist forum , i have installed and run the windows update for the above error and then my following (vssadmin list writer ) command gives me all writter with status as STABAL..But when my schedule backup runs the system still gives me above ERROR with some of the writer status as Fail with status as Retrayable Error.

Appriciate some Help....thanks

2. oknaru

oknaru Thread Starter

Try and run the VSS patch too, but still the problem as it is ....

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976884

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice