Backup .bkf file disappeared during a restore

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

canobi1978

Hey everyone,

I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall my OS. I had previously backed up my files on an external harddrive (a HDD enclosure housing a desktop HDD, not the small juggable ones).

However, I tried restoring my data from the backup and while it was being restored I accidentally jigged the HDD enclosure and the USB got dislodged slightly. I then quickly put it back but the restore threw message, cant quite remember what it was.

I tried to restore the file again, but I couldnt find it on the external HDD. All my other files were there but the .bkf file was nowhere to be found.

What the hell is happening and can I get my .bkf file back? If I cant, I'll see u all in heaven.

Thanks.

canobi1978

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot. Already tried the recovermyfiles. No luck.

Will have the drive sent to professional data recovery experts.

Regards,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online