1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup .bkf file disappeared during a restore

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by canobi1978, Jul 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. canobi1978

canobi1978 Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall my OS. I had previously backed up my files on an external harddrive (a HDD enclosure housing a desktop HDD, not the small juggable ones).

However, I tried restoring my data from the backup and while it was being restored I accidentally jigged the HDD enclosure and the USB got dislodged slightly. I then quickly put it back but the restore threw message, cant quite remember what it was.

I tried to restore the file again, but I couldnt find it on the external HDD. All my other files were there but the .bkf file was nowhere to be found.

What the hell is happening and can I get my .bkf file back? If I cant, I'll see u all in heaven.

Thanks.

2. Dan O

Dan O

3. canobi1978

canobi1978 Thread Starter

Hi Dan,

Thanks a lot. Already tried the recovermyfiles. No luck.

Will have the drive sent to professional data recovery experts.

Regards,

4. Dan O

Dan O

Good idea.

I guess it must be expensive?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485302

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice