Backup error even with lots of diskspace

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rarodrig

I have two PC networked together, a win98 and a XP.

I tried to backup the win98 (6G HDD) to the XP, which has a 60G HDD after an hour and about 5 G of progress I get a message that there's not enough disk space. I should have plenty of space.

Is there a limit on file size or transfer size, or....?

rarodrig

I'm using fat32 on the target winXP.

How big a deal is switching to NTFS?

Can I just backup in smaller chunks??? Or just bakup critical stuff.

Thanks

Converting over isnt a big deal. No data loss....but you cant go back unless you buy a program such as Partition Magic.

and yes, you should have no problems if you back up files smaller than 4GB at a time.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online