1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup Exec

Discussion in 'Networking' started by bizzt, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. bizzt

bizzt Thread Starter

I don't know if anyone knows about BE but I need to ask a question. I get this error in BE and wonder if anybody else has seen it before?
    I get nothing from Veritas for this specific Error. Yet I do for the Bottom part "The Device is not ready" but does it help NOPE.

Thanks Guys and Gals

2. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Sorry but stopped using that program years ago. Difficult to always backup, unreliable and slow restores, and as you see, poor tech support.

Now I just backup to removable drives over a network. Faster, cheaper, and more reliable.

3. Rockn

Rockn

Sounds like your drive is defective or needs a cleaning.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Rockn,

That reminded me of the other problem with the tape backups. The drives were regularly failing. Had one guy go through three SCSI units in a year. Another two in a year. A few others failed after only a couple of years. Imagine having that level of unreliability with your hard drives.

5. bizzt

bizzt Thread Starter

Ouch...!

6. bizzt

bizzt Thread Starter

Strange though is it fails on one particular thing. It seems to do the c: and D: and then fails on System State.

7. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

You typically can't backup the System State. Is that where the error is happening? Try excluding that from your backup selection.

8. bizzt

bizzt Thread Starter

Ya we are testing that tonight for the Backup. Why is that Bob. Any other System that we do we Backup the System State as well.

9. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Without being there to see about things like permissions, it's tough to determine. But if that is all it takes to solve the problem, I'd call it a day.

10. bizzt

bizzt Thread Starter

I hope the test works... If not back to the Drawing Board ;)

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/326316

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice