Backup Exec

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bizzt

I don't know if anyone knows about BE but I need to ask a question. I get this error in BE and wonder if anybody else has seen it before?
Storage device "DELL 1" reported an error on a request to report current logical media address.

Error reported:
The device is not ready.
I get nothing from Veritas for this specific Error. Yet I do for the Bottom part "The Device is not ready" but does it help NOPE.

Thanks Guys and Gals

Sorry but stopped using that program years ago. Difficult to always backup, unreliable and slow restores, and as you see, poor tech support.

Now I just backup to removable drives over a network. Faster, cheaper, and more reliable.

Rockn,

That reminded me of the other problem with the tape backups. The drives were regularly failing. Had one guy go through three SCSI units in a year. Another two in a year. A few others failed after only a couple of years. Imagine having that level of unreliability with your hard drives.

bizzt

Bob Cerelli said:
Rockn,

That reminded me of the other problem with the tape backups. The drives were regularly failing. Had one guy go through three SCSI units in a year. Another two in a year. A few others failed after only a couple of years. Imagine having that level of unreliability with your hard drives.
Ouch...!

bizzt

Rockn said:
Sounds like your drive is defective or needs a cleaning.
Strange though is it fails on one particular thing. It seems to do the c: and D: and then fails on System State.

You typically can't backup the System State. Is that where the error is happening? Try excluding that from your backup selection.

bizzt

Bob Cerelli said:
You typically can't backup the System State. Is that where the error is happening? Try excluding that from your backup selection.
Ya we are testing that tonight for the Backup. Why is that Bob. Any other System that we do we Backup the System State as well.

Without being there to see about things like permissions, it's tough to determine. But if that is all it takes to solve the problem, I'd call it a day.

bizzt

Bob Cerelli said:
Without being there to see about things like permissions, it's tough to determine. But if that is all it takes to solve the problem, I'd call it a day.
I hope the test works... If not back to the Drawing Board ;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online