1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup files can't restore or read

Discussion in 'Apple Mac' started by cyclefreak, Jul 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. cyclefreak

cyclefreak Thread Starter

For years I used Apple's Backup program to back up my files. In the last year I got a iMac that is running Lion and came with Time Machine. I like Time Machine but it doesn't want to have anything to do with the old Backup files.

What do I need to do? Download an old version of Backup to use these files? Or is there another program that can use
    the old Backup files?

Thanks for your expertise.

2. Headrush

Headrush

Can you be a little more specific what program you are talking about? Is this on OS X?

Not sure what you mean.
    Do you mean read your old backup files to restore from?

Can't answer until above answered.
    In general, Carbon Copy Cloner is an excellent backup program, but so is Time Machine.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061353