1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup Making a second copy of data drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by muckmail, Jul 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muckmail

muckmail Thread Starter

What software makes a second copy of a data drive an then updates it
    later on. I am looking a best methods to back up my data drive which
    is my second drive in my computer. I was looking a software package
    called "second copy" but I don't know if that is best.
    Note, it takes over 24hr to fully copy my data drive so what backup
    stragies is best for me.
    Thank you,

2. MowermanEd

MowermanEd

I highly reccommend Acronis True Image 10. It works with Vista as well as XP. I backup my "C" drive with the OS and programs on it in about 30 minutes. My data drive which contains about 87GB of data takes less than an hour to backup to an internal backup drive. I do this by making "exact images" of the drives. If any of my working drives go bad I simply replace and restore the image from my backup drive and I'm back in business as if nothing happened. Or, in case a file becomes corrupted or accidentially deleted, I can restore individual files very quickly. This program has saved my butt several times and it's well worth the price. NewEgg has it for $39.99 here: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=1528708SF
    or you can get the downloadable version for only $31.99 at NewEgg.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/593209

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice