Backup of Favorites & Outlook Express Stuff

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dbarnby

In order for my backup software (BackupNOW! Delux) to backup by Favorites, my Outlook Express Address Book, and my Outlook Express content files, I need to know the name (and I guess the path) of each of these three. What are those names and paths (or how do I locate them)?

Thanks

This is for your outlook express folders:
Open OE
Click on Tools>Options>Maintenance tab>Store folder then copy the address of your outlook express folders and then paste the address into Internet Eplorer and see if you can see the dbx folders there.

Your favourites address path should be
C:\Documents and Settings\"your a/c name"\Favorites

Your address book path should be
C:\Documents and Settings\"your a/c name"\Application Data\Microsoft\Address Book

The above is based on my xp pc

And a happy new year to you as well dbarnby.

MysticEyes

Banned
Might be a tad easier to just 'Export' your favorites as an HTML file. You can then 'Import' them if needed. Look under 'File'.

dbarnby

Mystic Eyes: Thanks. The thing is, I want to set up my backup software on a schedule so that it backs up each day when I boot up, and I'd like it to capture my favorites, addresses, etc. aotomatically.

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
I've moved my favorites to my data drive using a simple registry hack. They get backed up with all my other data every day. :)

dbarnby

Sounds interesting; however, I don't understand "registry hack" or how you accomplish the moving.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online