1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup of files containing hyperlinks

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Richardray, Aug 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Richardray

Richardray Thread Starter

I am trying to back up excel spreadsheets to a Toshiba 2TB portable hard drive. The spreadsheets contain files that have hyperlinks which bring up additional supporting documents. When I back up to the portable drive the files are there but the hyperlinks don't work. The files linked to the documents are on the portable drive but the hyperlink won't access them
    I am a real computer dummy so any help is appreciated.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

The hyperlinks probably are referring to the folder where your originally kept the data files. And that folder name does not exist on the backup drive.

3. Oddba11

Oddba11

First Name:
    Jim
    As you stated this is a "backup", it's a non issue as the files should never be used or accessed from the "backup" drive.

If the files ever get restored (ie: moved back) to the original location, the links should work as intended.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1231591

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice