1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup options

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by scs-04, Jun 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scs-04

scs-04 Thread Starter

I have setup many people with the Cobian backup software to backup their PC's usually to a USB 'stick' or external hard drive. The program works great except when we use multiple backup devices. I usually have everyone use 2 USB drives and rotate them weekly. They backup everyday or every other day with a FULL backup and I usually have Cobian save 3 copies of the backups. This works fine when we use just 1 USB drive for the backups, after the 3 backup it deletes the old one to only keep 3 copies. The problem is when we rotate the 2 USB drives. It tries to delete the old backup but sometimes it is on the other backup drive and it can't find it to delete it. the backup still goes through but over time the backup drive fills up. Does anyone know a workaround for this or any other Free software that I can use to do these simple backups??

Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1058814

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice