1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup Outlook 98 calendar?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by beim4, Feb 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beim4

beim4 Thread Starter

Our office uses a small LAN. File server is Windows NT 4.0 and workstations use Windows 2000. We all use Outlook 98 and are able to share calendars, thus scheduling appointments for other employees. Using Microsoft Exchange Administration at the file server, I could locate the mailboxes for everyone and see their Calendar folder within that. However, I am baffled as to how I can include these folders in our nightly backup.

The backup runs from my workstation. I am mapped to the file server and I can see an Exchange subdirectory listed. But none of the files within that look like they would be the individual Calendars.

I really don't understand how everything is installed. It appears Outlook has been installed on each workstation, but it looks to the file server for the data files such as Calendar. Should there be a subdirectory somewhere containing Calendars? We've been using the program for quite a while, but are very uneasy since we never back it up.

2. Anne Troy

Anne Troy

First Name:
    Anne
    You might want to settle in at www.slipstick.com for a while to learn Exch Srvr issues...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/119555

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice