1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup Platstation 3 data problem

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by jonny109, Apr 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonny109

jonny109 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I have been trying to backup my save game data on my PlayStation 3 60GB model to make way for a new 320GB hard drive.

I am trying to back it up to a Buffalo 1TB NAS drive via USB. (I use the NAS drive to backup from three separate computers)

Now I know that the PlayStation 3 uses FAT32 file system
    and
    I am 99% sure that the Buffalo NAS drive uses XFS file system (If this is incorrect please correct me)

The question I am asking is now do I make the NAS drive file system become FAT 32 without having to format the whole drive and loose all the backed up data?:confused::confused:

Thanks

2. jonny109

jonny109 Thread Starter

Hi all,

I asked this question on the PlayStation 3 forums and they gave me any answer of creating a partition on my NAS drive.

I looked around I cant find free software that will see the NAS drive and create a FAT32 Partition. It sees the C drive on the computer but not the NAS drive does anybody know a way around this?:confused::confused:

Any help would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/914056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice