1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup single file to External drive

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Oneoldman, Feb 17, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Oneoldman

Oneoldman Thread Starter

I have documents on Word Perfect , and have not been able to copy, or backup, to my Iomega external hard drive.I have tried right clicking on the particular page in that program,looking for a "copy" and then "Paste" to the location of the esternal hard drive.
    What have I overlooked?. I have little or no problem with backing up other material.

Tnx

Oneoldman ...Very!

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

What happens? Is the file in use?

3. Oneoldman

Oneoldman Thread Starter

With the ext drive plugged into the second PC ( I have one.. my wife has the second), her data files on word perfect will not download to the ext drive when I want one file...I did download to the ext drive her entire word perfec contents and could reload it from the ext drive ok... all of it... then, when I disconnected the hard drive there was an error dialog notation about something amiss with her word perfect contents... am not sure what I did to correct that, but she has her data all intact.. I can load all of what I had on the ext hard drive onto her PC, so we do have a copy now of all of her material on Wordperfect. Interestingly, she has Windows XP.. I have Vista on my pc.. the word perfect contents that could be loaded on her XP will not load onto Vista.....Any simple suggestions?..I may well be getting too old for the thinking that has to govern the relative success I have with the hobby.

Tnx

Oneoldman

4. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Why can't you drag and drop, copy/paste, or open the files? What's the error?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1041463

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice