1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

backup Small Business Server 2003

Discussion in 'Networking' started by virtualgeorg, Jan 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. virtualgeorg

virtualgeorg Thread Starter

I have an older seagate travan 4 tape backup that came with backup exec 2.0. I have small business server 2003 and am only going to backup some shared documents as the tape is only 4-8 gig capacity.

Should I get the latest version of backup exec or is the built in back up utilty reliable? Since the new version of Backup exec is several hundred bucks I was wondering about the pros & cons besides price?

Thanks,
    GB

2. wedor

wedor

Travan tapes are not the most reliable media out there, I would try it with the built-in first and make sure it actually works. Make sure it backs up and then make sure you can actually restore from the tape. According to all I have read the built-in works fine. I have read about issues with back-up exec and some other programs running on SBS 2003.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!