1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backup Solutions

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by califoh, Jan 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. califoh

califoh Thread Starter

I am looking for a backup solution for our company. I need software that will run on a Linux server. Could be Windows also. I am not sure which direction to go with the backup or what exactly is available. We have about 150 Windows PC's some in-house, some remote that need to be backed up regularly. I don't like the idea of copying data to a shared folder to be backed up. Would like more of a server/client way of backing up where each user would have a logon and password and be able to backup their data securely.

2. JohnWill

JohnWill Retired Moderator

I don't have a specific solution, but I'm not sure that depending on each user to backup his data is the right way to go. I know tons of users that would never backup, so unless they're forced to keep valuable data on a server, it's probably likely to be lost.

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

If a Corporate Client/Server type of network everyone should be keeping all of their Data on the networks File Servers. From there you can backup everyones data.

Every place I have worked we tell all the employees, if you don't save it to a network drive it is not going to get backed up at night. Trying to backup 150 pc's individually would be a nightmare. We had 700 pc's at my last job.

4. smbd

smbd

I think you should pay your attention on Acronis products. They have many backup schemes. I think these articles would be interesting for you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/539456

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice