Backup utility?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Heitie

I feel stupid, but I can't find the Windows XP backup utility that I've heard so much about. I go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > System Tools and there is no "Backup" there. Am I in the wrong place? How else can I access it, or is "System Restore" the same thing? With System Restore I can't backup just certain files, though.

Heitie

ooooooooh...I just searched again and it's only on XP Professional. Sorry :)

JenniferLore

Banned
The backup utility is on both the Home and Professional.

There is only one difference. Xp Professional installs the backup utility at setup. But Xp Home does not.

You can install it from the Windows XP Cd. It’s in the “\VALUEADD\MSFT\NTBACKUP” folder on the setup CD; click on NTBACKUP.MSI

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts