Backup W95 while it is running to an .iso or the like

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fattage

Jared
We have some old machines that are running old software and old drivers and would be very expensive to replace. The issue is that these machines are 15 years old and we are worried that they are going to fail soon.
We also don't want to turn them off for fear they won't start up again. We would like to know if there is software out there that will back up the entire C drive while it is being used so we can have a replacement hard drive if the old one should fail. We can't find software that was supported by windows 95 and was able to do a backup without a restart. If there is another way that we are not thinking about let us know. Otherwise our only option is to pull the hard drive it copy it bit for bit to another one and hope that when we put the old hard drive back in it will work. Some of these machines haven't been turned of in 5 years.

Fattage

Jared
Those all require restarting the computer and we'd like to avoid that if possible.

Fattage

Jared
okay, what about one with a free license for business. I know it's asking for a lot. I may be able to get the company to buy it but free is better.

Fattage

Jared
I found two from the top link you showed me. One is DriverGrabber which only backs up the drivers which could be useful. The other is DiskImage and I will test them to see how well they work for us. Thanks for the help.

bobs-here

Bob
I found two from the top link you showed me. One is DriverGrabber which only backs up the drivers which could be useful. The other is DiskImage and I will test them to see how well they work for us. Thanks for the help.
your welcome :)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online