1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Backweb?? Can I delete it - what is it??

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by hotskates, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. hotskates

hotskates Thread Starter

Under my control panel's add/remove page I see something called "backweb". Should I uninstall this? What is it?
    If I type backweb into my find utility it shows nothing under this name. Just wondering? Thanks.

2. Piringa

Piringa

hmm I read on a yahoo search and I found that it seemes to be one of those, INSTALL AND BRING GREAT MULTIMEDIA TO YOUR PC kind of apps. Kind of fishy remove it see what happens. Or if you wanna be safe download spy bot search and destroy or ad-ware, ony one of those will find spam software or spy software.

3. Del

Del

Then Please Download and install SpyBot,

http://www.lurkhere.com/~nicefiles/

click the online tab to search for and download the updates, then shut down and relaunch SpyBot.

Go to the Settings tab > File Sets, and uncheck 'System Internals' and 'Tracks' .
    These aren't needed for our present purpose, and you can always experiment with them later on.

Finally, after closing down Internet Explorer, click 'Check for problems', and have SpyBot remove all it finds 'Fix selected problems'

you may have to run spybot more than once to clear everything

Remove everything pre-ticked in Red

Then please post another startup list

4. amthmi

amthmi

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice