Bad, Bad Mouse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mfrashuer

I have Windows XP. My mouse all of a sudden is messing up. When I have multiple windows up and the mouse hovers over the window in back, it brings it forward. This IS annoying. How Can I stop it?

I also use a Logitech cordless mouse with XP and it can be an adventure at times. While their software works well with earlier versions of Windows, it can be a little 'flakey' with XP. Go to the Logitech website and download the latest driver and 'Mouseware'. It should be version 9.78 (dated 7/20). This version is better than the previous one(s) but my mouse still 'forgets' its button assignments occassionally.
Here's the link for the Logitech site . HTH

B :cool:

JohnWill

Retired Moderator
You have what is known as X-Mouse controls activated. I don't know where to find them in the standard setup options for XP, but if you download X-Setup and look under Hardware/Mouse/X-Mouse, you can turn the options off.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online