1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

bad bios flash, need help replacing.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Warrior 3000, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Warrior 3000

Warrior 3000 Thread Starter

so i tried updating my bios and my power went out during it all and it gave my bios a bad flash and now i cant boot my system. so i was told to replace my bios and get all the bios info so i can replace it, but the problem is i cant even find my bios chip on my motherbaord! its like not even there, iv been looking for hours lol. i have an intel Desktop Board D975XBX2. PLEASE HELPPP.

2. win2kpro

win2kpro

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

Interesting Win2k, I did not even know that was possible!

4. win2kpro

win2kpro

Rich, I believe all Intel boards after the 845 series (except the 850) series have a recovery BIOS available.

5. Warrior 3000

are you sure this will even boot? cause when i turn the pc on, NOTHING happens. like i get NO video at all.

6. Rich-M

Rich-M

You probably have to reset the cmos jumper or pull the cmos battery for a few minutes to reset and be able to do this.

7. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You are very lucky in that you have the intel bios recovery. First of all read your manual. It has detailed instructions on what to do.

Basically you are going to prepare the recovery floppy using the system you are posting on now. Insert the floppy you made into the failed system; move the cmos jumper to the recovery position. Power ON and wait; power OFF and replace the jumper to the correct position. That is it.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

BTW as I recall you do not get any display while doing this task.

9. Warrior 3000

there is no display when i turn on the pc.

10. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Have you read your manual? Did you read the part of the thread where I posted you will not get a display?

11. Warrior 3000

it says to use a disc, but i dont have a disc or anything and how will this even work if i got no video? im so confused, sorry. =/

12. Rich-M

Rich-M

You make the disk from the download and it works without video...like crj says for the third time READ THE MANUAL!

13. win2kpro

win2kpro

In post #2 I stated; "BE SURE to read the Read Me PDF file on that page to learn how the recovery should be run."

The complete directions for recovery are in Read Me on the download page.

14. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The bios recovery procedure is not all that difficult however from your posts the best advise I could give you would be to take the system to a shop. Have a competent tech do the recovery procedure for you.

A fair price would be somewhere around 1/2hr of labor at their labor rate. It will cost you some money however from your posts it would seem the recovery procedure is beyond your level of computer skill.

15. Rich-M

Rich-M

Not sure about your shops, but everyone I know has a 1 hour minimum charge. So let's be realistic.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777241

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice