Bad command error at DOS prompt

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

RTisdall

Running Windows ME and when I go to the DOS prompt I get a bad command or filename error before the command line even appears.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Check the properties of the dos shortcut to make sure there are no (extra) commands and or switches shown, first. Do you have an AV scanner, any viruses lately? I've also heard this may occur if you have an ATI videocard installed improperly. Also, check your PATH statements in autoexec.bat to make sure they look ok.

Hope that helps,

Drew

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online